Loan Amortization Schedule Template for iWork Numbers

by Michael on August 16, 2007

Amortization Schedule

The loan amortization schedule template is based on an Excel worksheet that can be found here. Feel free to use it or modify it in any way.The sheet is suitable for calculating both short term loan amortizations, such as a car loan, as well as mortgage amortization schedules of up to 30 years. It also allows you to add extra payments, so you can run what if scenarios.

Usage:

Type your loan parameters into the “Enter Values” table, and the sheet will do the rest.

I have not been able to figure out a way to have tables grow or shrink automatically, so the amortization schedule displays 361 rows. Use a page range when printing loans with a term shorter than 30 years.

***Update 8/20/2007: Fixed download link, reset download count to zero. Thanks Douglas!***

Download Loan Amortiztion Schedule for Numbers

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

Douglas Head August 19, 2007 at 10:11 pm

Your download links are not working. I tried several times to download the “Loan Amortization Schedule Template for iWork Numbers”, but the links keep sending me round and round between 2 web pages.

Michael August 20, 2007 at 8:39 am

Thanks Douglas! I think it’s fixed now.

Samantha September 16, 2007 at 7:56 pm

This is great – I have been trying to get something very similar to work..thanks for saving me the time!

Barbara Bergstreser December 28, 2007 at 2:16 pm

Can I change the interest rate 18 months into a mortgage payment schedule? We are financing a loan to our son….first at 6% and 18 months later, at 5%. I’m using Numbers ’08

Kevin March 31, 2008 at 9:22 pm

There are no links to download.

Michael April 1, 2008 at 8:36 am

Fixed. Thanks Kevin.

David October 10, 2008 at 1:46 pm

you should note on the site that this spreadsheet ignores the actual date inserted and always calculates the interest based on regular 30 day periods regardless of what date you insert.

Jeff September 6, 2009 at 9:06 pm

I would like to insert an extra payment in different amounts periodically in the amortization schedule. How would I do that without screwing up the formula?

Michael October 17, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Jeff,

I will have to think about that one, I will try to look at it the first of next week.. In the mean time, you could try posting this question to AppleInquiry.com, and see if that gets a response.

- Michael

Jason Walker May 1, 2010 at 9:28 am

This is great! Two things:
1. The total interest formula (in the upper right) doesn’t calculate if you enter a term different than 30 years. I have a 27 year loan.
2. I make an extra payment a year – but all at once (instead of monthly). It would be great if I could drop it into the relevant month/year and see the results. How could I do that?

T.J. November 18, 2010 at 8:55 pm

This is great. I would like to see a “Principal Build Up” column after “Cumulative Interest” so that you can see how principal is building up also. Nice work.

andrei chikatilo February 1, 2011 at 3:23 pm

this is great. thanks. i was trying to create my own for a few days and gave up. i’m new to numbers.