Loan Amortization Schedule Template for iWork Numbers

by Michael on August 16, 2007

Amortization Schedule

The loan amortization schedule template is based on an Excel worksheet that can be found here. Feel free to use it or modify it in any way.The sheet is suitable for calculating both short term loan amortizations, such as a car loan, as well as mortgage amortization schedules of up to 30 years. It also allows you to add extra payments, so you can run what if scenarios.

Usage:

Type your loan parameters into the “Enter Values” table, and the sheet will do the rest.

I have not been able to figure out a way to have tables grow or shrink automatically, so the amortization schedule displays 361 rows. Use a page range when printing loans with a term shorter than 30 years.

***Update 8/20/2007: Fixed download link, reset download count to zero. Thanks Douglas!***

Download Loan Amortiztion Schedule for Numbers

{ 13 comments… read them below or add one }

Douglas Head August 19, 2007 at 10:11 pm

Your download links are not working. I tried several times to download the “Loan Amortization Schedule Template for iWork Numbers”, but the links keep sending me round and round between 2 web pages.

Michael August 20, 2007 at 8:39 am

Thanks Douglas! I think it’s fixed now.

Samantha September 16, 2007 at 7:56 pm

This is great – I have been trying to get something very similar to work..thanks for saving me the time!

Barbara Bergstreser December 28, 2007 at 2:16 pm

Can I change the interest rate 18 months into a mortgage payment schedule? We are financing a loan to our son….first at 6% and 18 months later, at 5%. I’m using Numbers ’08

Kevin March 31, 2008 at 9:22 pm

There are no links to download.

Michael April 1, 2008 at 8:36 am

Fixed. Thanks Kevin.

David October 10, 2008 at 1:46 pm

you should note on the site that this spreadsheet ignores the actual date inserted and always calculates the interest based on regular 30 day periods regardless of what date you insert.

Jeff September 6, 2009 at 9:06 pm

I would like to insert an extra payment in different amounts periodically in the amortization schedule. How would I do that without screwing up the formula?

Michael October 17, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Jeff,

I will have to think about that one, I will try to look at it the first of next week.. In the mean time, you could try posting this question to AppleInquiry.com, and see if that gets a response.

– Michael

Jason Walker May 1, 2010 at 9:28 am

This is great! Two things:
1. The total interest formula (in the upper right) doesn’t calculate if you enter a term different than 30 years. I have a 27 year loan.
2. I make an extra payment a year – but all at once (instead of monthly). It would be great if I could drop it into the relevant month/year and see the results. How could I do that?

Hal March 15, 2013 at 6:26 am

The template is great. But when I downloaded it and tried it with a second loan, it won’t update the values from the first numbers I put in. Is there a way to refresh it? Or do I need to download the template each time? Thanks for putting this together.

brad July 24, 2013 at 7:15 pm

This is what I have been looking for, how do i download it and get it onto my numbers app?

Stephen Martin October 13, 2013 at 7:12 pm

I made a few formula corrections (display vs values) and added payment percentages, and a few totals to make it more useable to my way of thinking. Nothing major, and thanks for making these available to all!

URL is the Dropbox URL (good for 90days) for the ZIP’d Numbers Template: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2357995/Loan%20Amortization%20Update.nmbtemplate.zip