New Personal Finance Template for Apple iWork Numbers

by Michael on September 26, 2007

Personal Finance Spreadsheet

Forum member Yogimartin has posted his personal finance template on the forums. It is very detailed, and weighs in at a whopping 3.9 MB unzipped. **Fair warning: you need a fast Mac to run this.**

It allows the user to track their checking, savings, credit cards, investments and real estate by month. All of the monthly data is consolidated in two report sheets. This is a big upgrade for anyone looking for more firepower than our Checking Account Register.

Personal Finance Spreadsheet 2

****
Edit 12/16/2008: The file is no longer available on the forums, so here is a direct link: Apple Numbers Personal Finance Template. I again warn you that this file is very large and may run slowly on some macs.
****

You can read Yogimartin’s post on the forums.

As always, we invite you to join the discussions.

{ 19 comments… read them below or add one }

TDEE October 10, 2007 at 6:30 am

on my G5 dual 2ghz it takes a minute or two to open this one…
not normal anymore. Maybe apple can chew on this templae a bit
to optimize numbers :-)

Michael October 11, 2007 at 7:57 am

TDEE,

I agree, it really pushes the current capabilities of Numbers. I still have hope that a maintenance release will help a lot of these performance issues. Excel would have no trouble with a sheet like this, even on an older system.

- Michael

deetle October 23, 2007 at 10:09 pm

So how do you get this , their is no download button ?

Michael October 24, 2007 at 7:14 am

Deetle,

You can download it in the forums. Click on the word “post”, in the sentence directly below the image.

- Michael

Spiderberry January 2, 2008 at 2:55 pm

looks good must check out

Darren February 5, 2008 at 9:45 am

Incredible Template! Does take a really long time to load. This template could be its own program and I would for sure buy it

Rob March 29, 2008 at 10:27 pm

Wow. This is very well put together. A bit intimidating at first, but it’s very functional. True, it takes awhile to load, but once it’s loaded it seems snappy. I guess we’ll see once I get a lot of data imported into it. I would like to emphasize the fact that it is not the spreadsheet creators fault that it’s slow, it’s Numbers itself. It just wasn’t made with this kind of template in mind.

Drae June 20, 2008 at 5:38 am

This looks like a great template, but canʻt seem to find it to download. Anyone have any info?

mj June 27, 2008 at 5:51 pm

This seems like a cool template, but the link no longer works. Could you re-post a working link and e-mail me (unless I will get automatic notification of a comment) at iworktemplate08@causeit.org?

THANKS!

bike June 30, 2008 at 1:48 am

hmm, unfortunately the directory of template dissappeared, would have loved to test this thing. Is there any mirror of it, or can anyone send this to me? Any hint would be appreciated. bikeb “@” gmx.de

scott July 9, 2008 at 1:21 am

This looks great, but the download does not work anymore. Anyone know how I might get ahold of this template?

Scott

kalle July 25, 2008 at 1:19 am

hey,
the download link in the forum seems to be broken. maybe you can fix this ? would be great !

regards,
kalle

Ben Coumerilh September 9, 2008 at 9:57 pm

Any Idea where to get this. The link is no longer working.

Justin September 16, 2008 at 4:02 pm

is this template still available? I can’t seem to find a download for it?

Michael Powell November 12, 2008 at 4:59 pm

Can I get this template anywhere else? When I check the forums they always say they are down and will be back shortly. This is has been over a week now.

Michael December 16, 2008 at 11:09 am

The link has been fixed.

Mike January 18, 2009 at 6:03 pm

Does anyone know how to add categories to the drop down menu in the expense column and have it apply to all sheets?

Kristen Garcia July 9, 2009 at 10:38 am

I have the same question as Mike. Does anyone know how to edit & add categories? I added & edited the categories sheet (the last one on the template).. but the change does not appear anywhere like the drop-down, etc??

Ori February 11, 2011 at 10:37 am

really one of the best Numbers templates I have downloaded – many thanks!